Tuesday, March 23, 2010
In this section, you will learn how to:
. Respond to recount texts
. identify meaning and information in a procedure texts;
. identify the structure of a procedure text;
. read a monologue in the form of procedure text.
Part E. Try This.
Listen to Mike talking about how to make a cheese omelet. While listening, fill in the blanks. Then, answer the questions.
Have you ever eaten a cheese omelet? Do you know how to make a Cheese Omelet? No? Would you like me to tell it for you? Okay. This is the (1)______. Listen to me.
To make a Cheese Omelet, you should prepare ingredients such as (2)______ egg, (3)______ grams of cheese, uhm... (4)______cups of milk, three (5)______of cooking oil, uhm...what else ....? Oh, yeah, a pinch of salt and don’t forget some (6)______.
Now, (7)______ a Cheese Omelet, you will need some kitchen utensils like a frying (8)______, a fork, a whisk, a spatula, uhm..... a cheese grater ...and a bowl and of course ....a plate. Okay? Are you following me? Right! Let me tell you how to make it.
First, (9)______ an egg into a bowl like this. Then whisk the egg with a (10)______ until it is smooth. (11)______, add some milk and whisk well. Grate the cheese into the bowl and (12)______. Next, heat the oil in a frying pan, and pour the mixture into the frying pan. (13)______, turn the omelet with a spatula when it (14)______. See, like this. Okay, next cook both sides. After the omelet is done, place it on a (15)______, don’t forget to season it with salt and pepper and you can eat it while warm. It’s easy, isn’t it?
Find out the following answers from the text above:
1. What kitchen uttensils do you need to make an omelette?
2. Mention some ingredients you must prepare to make an omelette.
3. Approximately, how many steps does it take to make a cheese omelette?
4. Where do you think the monolog probably take place?
5. In your opinion, was Mike reading a text while making the omelette or was he speaking directly while making the omelette?
6. Is the text above spoken or written language? Is it inteactive or not?
7. What do you call this kind of text?
8. Who are the lsteners?